Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Turkey Burgers

Tonight was burger night again; this time with turkey. The buns I made were really good; again from the cookbook called Electric Bread. I used my bread machine through the kneading process.


Makes 4 buns, Honey Mustard Bread

½ C. water

1 ½ C. white bread flour

½ C. wheat bread Flour

2t. dry milk

½ t. salt

¼ C. Chicken broth

1 2/3 T. gourmet mustard (I used a grainy mustard)

1 t. dried Chives

1 t. fast rise yeast.

Put everything in the container in your bread machine. When complete on the rise cycle, divide into 4 parts and place on a sheet pan. I again am not sure how long I let it rise. I divided and placed them on the pan somewhere around 1:30 PM. I baked it at 375 for 30 minutes around 6:00 PM.

These buns were really delicious.

For the Turkey Burgers I sort of followed Rachael Ray recipe #260 in No Repeats Cookbook.
Makes 4 Burgers.

For the burgers mix:

1 1/3 # ground turkey

1 1/2 t. poultry seasoning

1T grill seasoning (I used Chicago steak seasoning by Penzeys so I used less as it is really strong)

2 garlic cloves chopped

4 scallions finely chopped

1 celery rib (I did not have one, so I did not use)

Place this in a non stick pan with cooking spray and on medium heat cook 6 min. per side.

Remove the burgers and add to the skillet

2T unsalted butter (I used the rest of my blue cheese butter from Vianza)

And ¼ C. hot sauce (Is she kidding, I used 4 squirts of Sriracha Hot sauce, more than that Jim would have complained).

Melt this together and return the patties to the skillet and turn to coat in the mixture. Place the burgers on the bun bottoms.

Prior to this I mixed 1T of blue cheese, salt, pepper and ¼ C. of Greek yoghurt in a bowl. This is about ¼ of Rachael’s sauce quantity, but we are not big sauce people. I spread ¼ on each burger and topped with lettuce.

The burgers were tasty.

We had this with salad and the remains of last night’s cauliflower soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment