Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oatmeal

We had dinner at friends last night.  I probably should not have gone as I believe that the Plague from the Middle Ages has reserected itself and infected my body.  When I finally craweled out of bed about 12:30 PM all I could think of was oatmeal.  Cat Cora, one of the iron chefs, had this recipe on Oprah.  She called it a way to get your children to eat oatmeal.  Use Apple Cider instead of water when making the oatmeal. This adds all the sweetness you need.  When it is finished I add a little peanut butter to mine.  Then I went back to sleep.  We were supposed to go to a wine tasting and out to dinner tonight, but not to be.  Tomorrow I will call the doctor and beg for drugs. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Linda:

    Sorry to hear about your cold. Amazing you can be sick and still cook! You are dedicated!

    FYI - I assume you and Jim get the "Wine Spectator" Cover story on Thomas Keller. Interesting three course Thomas Keller dinner with recipes. Most of the meal can be done ahead of time, great for entertaining! Wines matched, of course!

    ReplyDelete