Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Supper

Tonight’s dinner consisted of the salad leftover from last night and catfish. I grew up on catfish and I love it. Yes, it was mostly fried and mostly consumed at Grandma’s house where the fishing took place. The salad from last night stores beautifully. Following is how I usually fix catfish. I have no idea how I came upon this recipe. I remember first making it in Gulph Mills, PA.


Soak the catfish filets in milk or buttermilk if you have it. Put cornmeal in a pan with salt and pepper. Tonight, instead of the pepper, I used Singapore Seasoning from Penzeys. Heat a fry pan with  a couple T of EVOO. When it is hot, add the catfish that you have coated with the cornmeal mixture. Cook 3 minutes per side and serve.

The wine Jim served was a 2007 white Tuscan wine, Terre di tufi by Teruzzi & Puthod; it was a dry, crisp white with a fruity, zesty finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment