Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pizza

Today I found out who gave me the cold. My instructor who had just returned from Puerto Rico came down with the same symptoms, last Thursday night. The way I felt yesterday, I was surprised that I actually went to class today, but I went to bed immediately after feeding Jim and stayed under triple covers all night. At 8:00 AM Comcast arrived to convert our phone to digital service. Jim locked Max in the bedroom with me and he lay across my head. This felt wonderful as my hair was wet from sweating all night.


On my way home, I stopped at Trader Joe’s looking for the black bean sauce that my reader uses in her Enchiladas. I learned from the management that different Trader Joe’s carry different things, however, they said if you really like something that is in any Trader Joe’s, they will try to stock it. Aside from that Jim gave me a list of wine to pick up and I also bought the ingredients to make a pizza. Here is what I did.

1 pkg. Trader Joe’s fresh pizza dough. (No problem to make yourself, but I am sick and tired)

Trader Joe’s chicken spicy Italian sausage

8 oz. organic shredded Mozzarella cheese

8 oz. goat’s milk mozzarella

I had:

Left over Wegman’s pizza sauce (we don’t like a lot of tomato sauce)

5 oz. fresh spinach

I learned something tonight. I was in a hurry to get dinner over and go to bed again. The dough says to roll out to 12”, but I rolled it to 20”. I put it in a 20” perforated pan as Jim and I like thin crust. I then topped it with the tomato sauce, chicken sausage, spinach and both cheeses. If you use a Boboli pre-baked crust, it is OK to use the perforated pizza pan. I should have used the pizza peel to make the pizza crust and top it, and then put it directly on the pizza stone that I heated to 425 degrees in the oven. A pizza peel is a super large size spatula to put a pizza without a pan in and out of the oven on a pizza stone. The crust was good, but could have been crisper if I had put it directly on the pizza stone. Jim said that he believes that the goodness of the pizza is based on the sausage and this was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment