Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My blog tonight is going to be very different. I have a cold. My nose is not running, it is just going down my throat and is gagging me to death. Yesterday I sneezed all day and his AM I refused to believe it was a cold. I went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D with my neighbor, Elaine. What a fun movie, but during the movie, I had to give in, I have a cold. So dinner tonight is those meatballs I made at the beginning of my blog. Some have been hanging out in the freezer, Vodka Sauce made by Wegman’s and whole wheat spaghetti. Doesn’t matter, good or not, as all I want to do is go to bed. I have class tomorrow and I will not miss.


On a high note, my call for an eatable Enchilada recipe has produced one from a friend in PA. She sent it email. She lived in CA for years and cooks a lot of Mexican food. Elaine, who has endured both failures, lived in Texas for years and is looking for hers. I will compare and make it again. We will see if Elaine once more wants to try. But, I am beginning to understand what I did wrong.

Another event that I am working on is pot luck with friends. This is our second one. There is some control, in that you set the theme and request a sign up for courses, but after that everyone does their own thing. As I like to be in total control this is a real learning experience for me. The first one blew me away; it is going to be a hard act to follow. My theme is spring as it takes place on the first day of spring. I am calling it "Cook me a Rainbow" and hope that every one brings color intense or multicolored items. There are 12 of us in this group. I found new dinner napkins on the internet that will be in keeping with the theme but did not cost an arm and a leg.

Jim is finally in from trying to fix the garage door mechanism and wants dinner. Depending on how I feel, tomorrows write up could be less than stellar. By the way, last night’s Turkey Burgers gave me heartburn all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment