Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Leftovers

This was a true creative leftover night. It has been rough. First I was really ill, then we had the potluck dinner that I blogged about with a multitude of leftovers. Then Max got very sick. He was really ill Saturday night and we (Jim) were taking him out all night every hour. Sunday he seemed to rally and I thought that my home remedies were working. Last night said no. We went next door to Elaine’s and she made us her version of enchiladas with green sauce. (Remember Elaine has endured 2 of my disasters.) It was very very good, but not the chicken enchiladas I was looking for. We get together for Dancing with the Stars and last night was the new season. So while you were at the Opera, watching the BBC or at a play, we were watching Dancing with the Stars. The beginning was much better than all of last year, so we are hanging in as fans.


I am calling tonight’s meal Lamb Stoop. Stoop is a Rachael Ray term that is between stew and soup. I cut up the leftover lamb in small pieces. In the pot I put the bean recipe that I made with the lamb. I added leftover rice that the Vet did not want us to continue feeding Max, and 3 cups of chicken broth. I simmered it together and served with the leftover cheese sticks. It was much better than eating the leftovers separately again.

I actually had a great day for a gloomy rainy day and worrying about a sick dog. My friend Joyce called yesterday and asked me to come for lunch and bridge today. I called my trainer and she graciously agreed to come at 8 AM so I could attend. I met new people and played with old ones and no one asked for my head. I came in last and Joyce had prizes. I came home, booby prize; with a great wire Easter bunny holding African violets. It was a gracious and beautiful day. Tomorrow I start really cooking again, so hang in there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment