Friday, March 12, 2010

I’m still coughing my lungs out, so we again had a simple meal. I had salmon that I was going to do a complicated meal with. Instead, I went on line to Everyday Food and found the following which was excellent.


Hoisin Salmon, serves 4

1. Preheat broiler. In a glass measuring cup, whisk together 1T orange juice, 2T hoisin sauce and 2t. honey

2. Season Salmon with salt and pepper. Place in broiler pan lined with aluminum foil. Spray top of the broiler pan with cooking spray. Brush half the hoisin sauce mixture over to coat. I again used my speed cooker. I just had to set it on the weight and it took over. It always asks you to turn half way through so I saved half the sauce for the other side.

3. It says broil for 10 to 13 minutes. I think the speed cooker did it in 9 minutes. Time was not the issue, but we just don’t use the broiler pan. 

This was very good. A lot of you have emailed and called asking for Lenten meals. This was very good.

I served this with cauliflower that I cooked in the flavored oil from NC and water. It tasted very good. Last week with coupons, Wegman’s had one for a bag of Rappi. Luckily there was a recipe on the bag because that name does not exist on the internet. We ate it, but will give it to a food pantry if offered for free again.

We had a 2006 Alamos Torrontes from Argentina, a light, crisp, white varietal.

No comments:

Post a Comment