Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rockfish rocks!

Tonight was an unusual meal. We went grocery shopping today and as usual I had my list and menus for the week. But they had Rockfish, yum! Rockfish may be something you can only get in the Maryland/VA area. I think it comes out of the Chesapeake. It was on the endangered list for a while, but it has come back and is now sold. However, to keep it from being endangered again, 2 pieces for Jim and me was $20.00. I bought it anyway. In the AM, I had been to my chiropractor and was reading Family Circle in the waiting room. Inside was a great looking salad. So dinner tonight was Rockfish, Watercress and Orange Salad and store bought Long Grain and Wild Rice with herb seasoning.


Again I used my speed cook oven, which is a combo of microwave and oven. I coated the Rockfish with the herbed olive oil that our friends in NC gave us. Prior to cooking the fish I put the rice on the stove following the directions on the side of the box. How easy was that? It was very good. The salad was as follows:

2 bunches of Watercress (packed with cancer-fighting compounds)

2 oranges, peeled and segmented

For the dressing:

½ C orange juice

¼ C rice-wine vinegar

½ C olive oil

¼ t. salt and pepper

I am not sure how large the bunches of watercress were that the writer of the recipe had, but I made half the dressing and it was more than enough. This salad was so good Jim asked for seconds. He never asks for seconds of salad.

We had a 2008 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, NZ) which was a good match for the Rockfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment