Monday, March 8, 2010

Soup and leftovers

Our new recipe tonight was Cream of Cauliflower Soup. This recipe is also from the Dungeness Crab and Blackberry Cobblers cookbook. The big problem with this cookbook is that when you pull it out you want to make every page, the recipes are so good.


4C homemade chicken stock (I used the stock from cooking last night’s Chicken for the Enchiladas)

1# Cauliflower, broken into florets

1 carrot cut in 2” pieces

1 stalk celery (I did not have any celery so I used ¼ of a fennel bulb)

¼ C chopped onion (I used a good size shallot)

1C half and half

½ t salt

¼ t. pepper

Put the first 5 ingredients in a pot and cook until the vegetables are tender. I also added the salt and pepper at this time, as I tend to forget salt and pepper. I put the contents in the blender after it had cooled some. I added the half and half and warmed up the soup.

Jim and I thought this as an excellent soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment