Friday, November 19, 2010

Viansa Fettuccini alla Boscaiola

So much to catch up on, I was too tired last night to write. We had a wonderful pasta meal from Viansa Winery. Warning, this is not low fat. It says 4-5 servings. We have about a half a serving left. Jim loved it and of course, fat means nothing to him.
Ingredients:
¼# fresh porcini mushrooms, sliced
1 small sweet white onion, coarsely chopped (mine seemed too big so I used half)
1/3 C Chardonnay wine
1/8 # pancetta, chopped (pre chopped at Wegmans)
1/8 # prosciutto, chopped (pre c hopped at Wegmans)
2 T white truffle oil and 3T for finishing
2 C heavy cream
1# fettuccini pasta
1 ½ C freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Sea salt to taste
Freshly ground white pepper (I used black)
Instructions:
In a large sauté pan add mushrooms, onion, wine, pancetta and prosciutto and 2T truffle oil. Cook until golden. Stir in cream, cook until medium viscosity. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and add to sauté pan. Add parmesan cheese and toss over low heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Finish with the 3 T of truffle oil.
This meal was so easy to make and I thought very filling. I definitely probably had 1/5th and was very full. Jim only eats lunch if I fix it for him, so he was starved as I was having a total meltdown from my disease. I did get the T-day dinner planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment