Monday, November 22, 2010

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday night we went out to dinner in The Plaines at Griasole. Dinner was very, very good. I had a pear and arugula salad and Jim had Escargot, for starters. As we were finishing our appetizers, Robert De Valle walked in with his latest honey. He was in black jeans and a black leather jacket. He had a baseball hat on to cover his bald head. She was dressed all in beige with a beautiful casmire cape. The chef’s wife, who is the hostess, hovered at their table. You’d think they were movie stars or something. Jim had full view; I had my back to them. Jim said he must go out to dinner a lot as almost every time we are in The Plains, he shows up. For my main course I had Ossa Boca. It was wonderful. The pasta was good but kept slipping and decorated my blouse. Jim had venison in cherry sauce. He finished my Ossa Boca and said he liked his but mine was better. Jim finished with chocolate, chocolate cake.
Yesterday we went to the Washington Craft Show. The prices were outstanding. I did find a beautiful bench at a very reasonable price that Jim would not buy. We can spend $1200 on tires, but we can’t buy an outstanding piece of art for $1400. We had the left over Sausage soup for dinner along with the biscuits that I purchased at Williams Sonoma. I cooked them 10 minutes longer this time and they were still mushy in the middle. Jim concluded that there was just too much butter in them. I think they tasted very floury. I will not buy them again.
Today is Monday and the start of the melt down to Thanksgiving. Today we will shop and then go to dinner in Warrington. Monday is mussels night.

No comments:

Post a Comment