Friday, November 5, 2010

Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans

I know I said I would not be cooking tonight, but I decided I did not want to go out to dinner as Jim just wanted to go to someplace local, not new and exciting. Jim and I both agree that this was very good for us, good tasting, but not very exciting or something we’d make again. I got this from an online blog called “Worth your Salt “that is written by a niece of a friend of Jim’s.
Ingredients:
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 15 oz can of low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
2 medium tomatoes, diced ( I used one can of diced tomatoes, drained)
1 T EVOO
1 t cumin
1 t ground coriander
1 t kosher salt
¼ C rescued-fat sour cream
¼ C reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Place cleaned sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 425 degrees for 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked through
2. While the sweet potatoes bake, combine the black beans, tomatoes, EVOO, cumin, coriander and salt in a pan. Stir well so that the beans and tomatoes are evenly coated with the spices. Heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
3. Remove the potatoes from the oven and split lengthwise. Spoon the bean mixture into the center of each potato. Top with sour cream and cheese.
I would however recommend this to people who go out a lot, do not like to cook and do not eat healty at home.  It is fast, tasty and very good for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment