Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Day, best ever

How can I say this was the best dinner I have ever made.  I guess that Heather and Nick should chime in.  I cooked til I dropped on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Today was all finish work and I was so organized it was amazing.  It was a breeze today.  The turkey was to die for.  The stuffing could not have been better.  I think I still like sweet potatoes with marshmallows best, but these were really good.   We have tons of cranberry sauce left over, but Sunset Magazine has a cookie recipe for it.  Everyone loved the pies.  I only had room for the apple blackberry and it was wonderful.  The mushroom appetizer was wonderful.   It totally overshadowed the other two which were equally great.  The Brussels sprouts were a winner.  Jim served wonderful wines.  Withe the appetizers we had Domaine Dublere Chassagne-Montrachet 2006.  With dinner we had an old bush vine Grenache by Reillys, 2007.  Here is hoping that yours was as good as mine.  
However no one will ever know how good or bad the Sweet Bourbon Corn pudding was.  I was talking to my brother and Mary said she made a corn casserole.  I said so did I, wait a minute.  I was working on the Brussels Sprouts  and  gravey and asked Jim to get all the items on hold out of the overn.  The corn is still there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment