Tuesday, November 30, 2010

(left-over) Cranberry Thumbpint Cookies

We had the soup last night with turkey sandwiches.  Today I did not get up until noon.  Jim thought I was dead.  The soup was really good.  We had enough left over for tonight.  Today was pay the bills day.   After that I mad Cranberry thumbrints Cookies.  It is a way to use up the cranberry sauce.  But they are not great, but OK.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Ifyou have chunky sauce, break it down in your food processor. 
  1. Beat 1 C unsalted butter amd 3/4 C packed light brown sugar together in the bowl of a standard mixer until smooth.  Stir in 1 t vanilla extract.  Add 2 1/2 C flour, 3/4 t cinnamon and ground allspice plus a pinch of salt.  Stir in 3/4 C pecan pieces.  
  2. Form dough int 11/2" balls and set 1" apart on a greased baking sheet.  Use your thumb to press a well into center of each cookie.  Spoon about 1/4 t sauce into each well.  Bake cookies until light golden brown 12-15 minutes.  
They are OK, not great.  However I forgot the cinnamon and ground alspice plus the pinch of salt.  Should not cook when I am tired and depressed.  I lost a good friend to brain cancer yesterday.  Sally was the smartest person I have ever known.   

No comments:

Post a Comment