Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving preparations

Day 2, countdown to Turkey day.
First I will give you the menu. I am not going to type in all the recipes as it would take me hours that I need to cook, but if anyone is interested in a recipe and I will email it to you.

Thanksgiving 2010
Appetizers
Warm Crab and Artichoke Dip with French bread
Pesto Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Goat Cheese with honey and Roasted Almonds
Main Course
Brined Turkey with Herbes de Provence and Gravy
Rye Bread Stuffing with Sausage, Pears, and Chestnuts
Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with honey
Roasted Brussels sprouts with wild mushrooms and cream
Sweet Bourbon corn Pudding
Green beans with lemon EVOO
Pan-Roasted Balsamic Onions
Cranberry Pomegranate Terrine
Dessert
Apple Blackberry Pie with Fall Leaves
Pumpkin Streusel Pie
Day 1 went well. I accomplished all I needed to do to finish by Thursday. I made both pies and the cranberry terrine. I made the onions and will warm in the microwave on Thursday. I chopped the bread to dry, brined the turkey and made the turkey stock for the gravy.
Today I started with the sweet potatoes. I made them up to the 20 minutes required in the oven again and will do that on Thursday. The corn dish is fully cooked and will be warmed tomorrow. I am now on to the Brussels sprouts and, the dip and preparing the Mushroom caps for filling and baking tomorrow. I will finish the day by setting the table and combining all the stuffing ingredients.  You will have to wait until Thursday night for tasting comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment