Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday evening

Backward day today; I got up early and read the papers for 2 days as I had been shopping yesterday. Donna came early and then I went on with my day. Dinner consisted of chicken breast with Penzeys Bicentennial Rub and Sautéed Spinach with white beans and pine nuts. The first was easy, just sprinkle with the rub and send Jim outside. The sautéed spinach comes from Fine Cooking. It was very good and can be served by itself as a vegetarian meal. I cannot do this with Jim. I liked this combination.
2T EVOO
2 T pine nuts
1 lg. clove garlic, thinly sliced
1- 15.5 oz can small white beans, rinsed and drained.
1# fresh spinach
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
½ C lightly packed fresh basil thinly sliced
Heat a 12” skillet over mediums heat and add EVOO. Add Pine nuts, garlic and cook stirring often until the garlic and pine nuts are fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook until heated through. Add the spinach, ¼ t salt cook turning with tongs, until wilted about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest and pepper. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil.
This was very good and I could have eaten without the chicken. Jim could not. Jim served a Belvedrere Zinfandel. I t was very good.
Tomorrow my brother arrives to play golf in the Member Guest at our club. Mary and I are going to be touring restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment