Saturday, May 29, 2010

Antipasti for Arriving Company, Wednesday Evening

My brother and his wife were arriving around 8:00 PM on Wednesday Evening at Dulles Airport. They were having dinner at Chicago Midway but would be up for drinks and a snack upon arrival. Jim left for the airport right after dinner and I cleaned up and put together this Antipasti Platter that I had seen on the Barefoot Contessa Show.
The first was melon and prosciutto. She had wedges on the platter draped with the prosciutto. I had purchased these darling little bamboo skewers from Sur la Table so I cut the melon in squares and wrapped with prosciutto securing with the skewer.
Next were mozzarella cheese and tomato slices. I have a tool that I bought from Williams Sonoma that slices the cheese and the tomato exactly the same for stacking. I used it for the first time and find it to be very handy for this alternate stacking. Try to get your tomato and cheese ball the same size. I alternated the cheese and tomato, but kind of fanned it as it was not being served as an appetizer, but part of a platter. I topped the slices with a spinach pesto from Viansa winery in CA.
Then I wrapped Genoa Salami around long bread sticks. These I laid in a pile next to the tomato and had the Mellon on the other side. The entire platter was sprinkled with pink rock salt and cracked pepper.
I had a bowl of strawberries that I served also.
Everything looked and tasted great. You can do this in any quantity for larger or smaller gatherings.

No comments:

Post a Comment