Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken

Three days of golf was a body disaster. I was at my chiropractor today and am a little better. I subscribe to “A year of Slow Cooking.” Today a recipe came in that sounded very tasty and I had all the ingredients. . My slow cooker seems to cook too fast. I made her Slow Cooker Marmalade Curry Chicken Recipe.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or thighs
1 (16 oz) jar orange marmalade
1 ½ t curry powder
½ t cayenne pepper
¼ t ground ginger
¼ t kosher salt
¼ C chicken broth
Use a 4 qt. slow cooker. Put the chicken in the bottom of the cooker. In a small bowl, combine the marmalade with the dry spices and chicken broth. Pour this on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on height for about 4 hours. Mine I did on high for 3.5 hours and it was over cooked and dry. The sauce saved it. I served the chicken and the sauce over Red Quinoa. Jim really liked it.
I made a salad of tomato, cucumber, blueberries and romaine. I had a new salad dressing that was non-fat lime vinaigrette. It was very good, but I put too much dressing on the salad.
We drank a New Kent Winery Chardonnay that we bought on our weekend trip. I like it. Jim did not.

1 comment:

  1. The chicken sounds good and basic enough for even me to pull off. I might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete