Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lunch and Dinner

I’ve been a little lazy since returning from NYC. Also, we have two stuffed freezers. We are trying to eat out of the freezer so things don’t go bad.
Yesterday my friend Fran came over to restage the house. We are trying to sell and people walk in and pronounce it modern. She rearranged everything, doesn’t look modern anymore. We will see what happens. We did lunch yesterday, before Fran left. I bought a pasta broccoli salad from Wegmans. We had a great salad and Omaha tornados wrapped with bacon. I served my fig cookies for dessert.
Today we were both very busy. We thawed chicken breasts and I marinated them in Viansa citrus herbs. Jim cooked them on the grille. I made a salad of romaine, cucumber and tomatoes and dressed it with Wegmans Ceasar salad. I cooked tiny mixed potatoes and dressed with a lime basil dressing. I made a compose like a Nicoise and sliced the chicken and placed on top. For dessert we had Jell-O, blueberries and left over cookies. Both days we had a Viansa Cabernet Sauvignon. It went well with both meals. We could not drink much at noon on Monday. Finished it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment