Monday, August 30, 2010

Burgers and green beans

I have been very spoiled for the last few weekends. Tonight we had burgers from Costco that we sprinkled with Chicago Penzeys seasoning and truffle salt. I served with whole wheat buns, mustard, catsup and lettuce. Jim picked our green beans and I made them as follows from a Viansa recipe:
1 # green beans
3 fresh tomatoes
2 T EVOO
1 whole garlic clove
2 T Italian seasoning blend
1 t chopped fresh basil (1/3 t dried)
1 t chopped fresh oregano (1/3 t dried)
1 lemon
As my beans from the garden tend to be a little tough, I put it all in a pot and started to boil. I boiled until the burgers were done, drained and they were good. I did not add the tomatoes as Jim did not like the last green beans recipe with tomatoes. If you have store bought green beans, boil first for 5 minutes, then add to a skillet with the EVOO and tomatoes plus seasonings and cook until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment