Thursday, August 19, 2010

Eggplant Pasta

I have an eggplant for a grilled recipe. When I reread it, I realized, Jim would hate it. So, from memory, I made my hid the eggplant recipe. I actually made this for my nephew when he was little and would not touch a vegetable. Jeremy was such a picky eater that one time I served grilled hamburgers on English muffins and we had to convenience him that it was like eating an Egg Mac Muffin before he would touch it.
1 eggplant cut in 1” cubes, salted and drained
Pasta sauce (I used the basil red sauce that I made and mentioned earlier
Mild Italian Sausage cut in ½” pieces. I used 3 sausages
½# pasta, any kind you like.
EVOO
Parmesan cheese
In a large pan heat the EVOO. Add the eggplant and sausage. Cook until well done. Add the sauce and keep warm while cooking the pasta. Add the pasta to the sauce. Pour the mixture in a bowl and top with the cheese. Jim liked it. Did not remember the dish and did not detect eggplant. So Ann, if you are reading my blog, you can serve this to Jeremy. Just be sure to use good quality EVOO and a great sauce. An earlier blog describes the one I made and used tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment