Monday, August 9, 2010

Fish Night

Compared to the last few days of cooking, today was a breeze. I started by deciding what to do with the 8# of pork but left over from the tapas dinner that I had to buy to do the 1# of pork skewers. I decided to grind the whole thing up to make pork burgers. Not interested in roasting in 90 degree heat.  Once the bone was removed I had 5.5# of meat left. I divided into 2#, 2# and 1.5#, I put three different herb spice mixtures into the groups and made burgers and sliders. I will report as they are cooked.
For dinner tonight we had Grilled Swordfish Steaks with lemon, dill and cucumber Sauce. Accompanying this we had grilled corn. Same corn recipe as I have blogged since the beginning of summer.
Serves 4-6
1 medium English cucumber, peeled finely diced
2 T fresh lemon juice
½ t granulated sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
¼ C EVOO plus more for grilling
1T minced shallot
2 T minced fresh dill
2 T fresh mint
4-6 swordfish steaks, 1 1/2 “thick, 6 to 8 oz each
Obviously I just used a steak apiece. I made the entire cucumber sauce as I used it as a salad
1. Put the cucumber in a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice and sugar, toss to combine, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in ¼ C EVOO, shallot, dill, mint. Taste and add s& P to taste.
2. Clean and oil the grille and warm to medium high.
3. Generously coat the swordfish with EVOO and salt. Grill 2-4 minutes per side.
We were very pleased with this meal. We have not had swordfish in a long time and this was delicious.  Jim served a Viansa Reserve Vernaccia Della Vite.  The write up that came with the wine specifically mentioned good with grilled swordfish.  It was devine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment