Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Salade Nicoise, Linda style

I was looking through salad books as it is again hot as hell here. I came across a Salade Nicoise. I made up my own based on ingredients in a cookbook calleed Salads by Elsa Petersen-Schepelern.  Following are the ingredients I used.
Romaine lettuce
Crunchy Sprouts
Jalapeno preserved eggs, quartered
Green beans, cooked and cooled
Cherry tomatoes, halved
½ each of a red and yellow pepper cut in thin strips
Small red potatoes, cooked, cooled and cut in half
Olives
Capers
Pea shoots
Small cucumbers, sliced on the diagonal.
I served Fat Free Lime Basil Dressing from Maple Graves Farm in Vermont. It is very pungent, flavorful; you need very little dressing.
Instead of tuna, I used salmon that was grilled in cedar grilling papers from Williams Sonoma. I seasoned them with Penzeys Trinidad spice. Jim cooked for 7 minutes on medium high.
Jim served with a 2007 Reserve Chardonnay from Viansa.
Dinner was very filling. Jim thought there were way to many vegetables. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment