Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dinner, ho hum

Dinner tonight was OK. Jim grilled Costco salmon burgers. We served them on whole wheat buns with tomato and mustard. I purchased baby zucchini that I stir fried in olive oil and Viansa Caprese Pepper and Citrus Blend. I also made Baked Sweet Potato Fries by a Paula Dean Recipe. She seasons it with her house seasoning. I have made and stored her house seasoning, but could not find it. My kitchen has been stripped and everything stuffed in the cupboards so it looks like no one cooks. It is beginning to drive me insane. Anyway I sliced using my mandolin into ¼” long slices. I salted and peppered. No garlic, but I was not in a garlic mood. I cooked for 20 minutes at 450 degrees as requested and cooled for 10. For me they were not crisp enough. They were spread in one layer on an 11 x 17 pan lined with parchment paper. I am still suffering from the excellent food from NYC this past weekend. Probably nothing will please me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment