Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Italian Lentil Salad

Tonight I got to make my Lentil Salad. This was given to me by my friend Joyce. It is from Food TV, Giadia De Laurentiis. Serves 4-6
Salad:
1# green lentils
2 scallions, chopped
1C halved seedless green grapes
1 C seedless halved red grapes
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
½ C coarsely chopped skinned and toasted hazelnuts
2t lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
Vinaigrette:
1/3 C fresh lemon juice (I used 2 ½ lemons)
1/3 C EVOO
1/2t salt
¼ t black pepper
Directions:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the lentils and cook until tender, stirring occasionally about 20 minutes. Drain and let cook for 5 minutes. Place lentils and remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl.
For the Vinaigrette:
Place the lemon juice in a small bowl. Slowly add the oil, whishing constantly, until combined. Season with salt, pepper and toss with the salad.
I found this refreshing on a hot night. Jim served an Alexander Valley Chardonnay.

No comments:

Post a Comment