Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Brunch

I finally arose around 10:00 this morning.  Made up for Friday nights lack of sleep.  Jim and Max got up earlier and read the paper. I had some tea and then made brunch around noon. We had Bread Cheese. This was a first for me. I had a coupon from Wegman’s. Supposedly the Fins though it looked like bread and gave it its name. If you read about it on line it says that it is either made out of reindeer milk or cow’s milk. Mine came from Wisconsin so I doubt a reindeer was used. I sautéed it in cubes per the label directions and served sprinkled with walnuts and honey. It had a sweet and savory flavor. Jim said that if he didn’t know he was eating cheese, he’d think it was bread. I served this with melon and blueberries and peppered bacon. I thought it was a good diversion from the usual breakfast. Reading on line there seem to be a great deal of ways to serve it.  It was new to me. 
Speaking of new to me, We went to a wonderful restaurant on Friday called Trummer's on Main in Clifton, VA.  The restaurant is gourgous and the food was divine.  But there were words on the menu that were food I had never heard of before.  Everyone kept asking me and all they got was, never heard of it.  So our waitress had a lot of explaining.  I started with duck salad and had soft shelled crabs for my main course.  I had room for dessert.  I loved the portion sizes.  On the way home when I mentioned this to Jim he just grunted.  I think he was still hungry.  They also do brunch.  I'd go there again in a heartbeat.  So sad to see Roger and Carole go to NC.  Carole always knows the best restaurants to go to in the area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment