Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Horrible Day, Do Not Read, I will get over it

Just having a bad day and I guarantee you do not want to hear about it. In our area you only have to say the word “Comcast” and everyone understands. I left the house early, leaving Jim in charge, to avoid killing the inept person who came to the house to fix the DVD player. After the chiropractor, I went to the grocery store and the Hallmark Store in order to avoid coming home. Finally came home to find out that the DVD player that had been unreliable for months was replaced with one from another home and doing the same thing as the last one, boot and not recording. How did I know? It was time to record my soap, quickly did it and found many more programs that I never watched ready to be played. But the old farts that run this place in their infant wisdom have locked us into Comcast. So while away, needing lettuce, celery, and ketchup, I bought steak, and corn on the cob, so I did not have to cook, Jim to grille that stuff. I have 3 salads left over, which I also served. I’ve already blogged about the way I grille corn, steak and the salads, so nothing to add. I also found out that the couple that “liked” the house live in Vienna and have been looking for a house for 2 years. That tells me that they just like to tour houses and don’t want to pay the charity homes house tour fee. Explains why the wanted to come on Memorial Day, nothing else to do. The best part of today was the wine. Jim served a wine that will never be seen again, an Ivan Tamas Cabernet Sauvignon, 1997. Ivan Tamas left the Livermore Valley while we were still there and I think he told me we only have 2 more in the cellar. It was divine. I loved this winery when we lived there. It was so neat to decide on what to make for dinner and go over the hill and buy great wine to go with it. Say la Vive, stuck in HH. Better luck next life.

No comments:

Post a Comment