Sunday, June 13, 2010

Friday Dinner

Our Friday was turned upside down. We had planned to have lunch when our friend arrived and then go out to dinner at the Iron Bridge Wine Company in Warrenton. A realtor called and wanted to show the house when we would have been having lunch, so we instead headed to the Iron Bridge for lunch and I then had to turn my simple lunch into dinner. We did this by stopping at a farm stand on the way home and getting corn on the cob, a Vidalia onion and great tomatoes.
To start we had Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Crab Meat. I found this in Wegman’s Menu cookbook for summer.
Makes 4 Cups
8 oz. jumbo lump crab meat
1T chopped chives
2T Sherry Vinegar
1/8t Sea Salt
32oz container of Roasted Red Pepper, Bisque Style Soup, chilled
1. Combine the crab meat, chives, vinegar and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Pour the soup into the bowls of your choice and top with the crab mixture. Garnish with additional chives
They also mention that you could divide the soup in small serving cups, about 3 oz. each and serve 16-20 as an appetizer. It was certainly a delicious and easy starter.
I sliced the tomatoes and garnished them with spinach pesto. We had burgers on the grille and grilled corn. For dessert we had watermelon.
It had cooled down enough that we were able to have our picnic on the deck. Jim served a 1995 Reserve Petite Sirah, Concannon Vineyards to start. We then had a 2002 Shiraz Viognier called The Laughing Magpie from Australia.
That night I fell out of bed and hit my head on the corner of the bedside table. I have a huge black eye. I tell everyone that Jim hit me. Serves him right, it really hurt and I got no sympathy during the night. I was told to lay down and go back to sleep as I was disturbing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment