Monday, June 7, 2010

Burger Night

We are currently in Electronic Hell. After days of rebooting (same problem that was to be solved by new DVR box) it seemed to work yesterday. Today we are in reboot hell again. Also my computer has been having problems since I hit an HP printer upgrade. I will never do that again! I have spent hours on the phone with HP and their incorrectly named help desk. The Help Desk managed to delete my ability to be wireless and then when my nephew sent me CD’s of the wedding photos; I could not bring them up. Jim could, my brother could, but my computer said the same disk was blank. We called our computer Guru. After working on it for a while to fix all the various problems, a few remained a mystery. He recommended that we take it back to Staples and see if it is a hardware or software problem. It could be that the disk drive is failing. So I spent most of the afternoon backing up things so I don’t have to pay Staples to do it in case it is software. I also found that everything ever sent to me was on the computer, and maybe that is why it is slow as molasses. I also found things I thought were lost and they are now in folders that only I can understand.
This is a long way of saying that when I went to make dinner I discovered the line, marinate for 6 to 24 hours. So we are defrosting hamburgers, Jim bought corn on the way home from Staples and we will have a salad tonight. I should have had him buy buns, but thought I could make some. Does anyone else out there have trouble with their bread machine in the summer? I set it on dough like usual when I want buns and it was a sticky mess. I kneaded the mushy concoction, adding flour for a while, and finally formed buns. I put it in the form, but they are rising laterally instead of vertically. Note to self make buns in mixer, not bread machine, the rest of the summer. Our dinner was ok. I made a spinach salad with mushrooms, blueberries, and pumpkin seeds. It was good. The burgers are too big. I wanted to freeze them in twos, but Jim wanted threes. Now he says I should have done twos. I gave half of mine to Max and Jim stuffed himself. The bread baked ok, but was flat. I am going to try the same recipe using my mixer and see what the problem is with the bread machine in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment