Friday, June 11, 2010

Thursday night, school night dinner

Today was my last pastel class until fall. As we have a very busy weekend, I thought I would do the other meal from Whole Living to try to make Annie’s Mac ‘N’ Cheese eatable. Jim was working today and as it ended up, I could have made a better meal because he was in DC and it took him forever to get home. Before making the Annie’s, put cherry tomatoes on a pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Roast at 425 degrees until the tomatoes have partially collapsed. The recipe says 30 minutes, but mine were done sooner. Prepare their cheese sauce and boil their pasta. I mixed a little thyme in the cheese sauce also. I combined their sauce with the pasta tomatoes and also add a little more good quality cheddar cheese. It was not as good as the Mushroom Mac but better than plain Annie’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment