Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another Easy Summer Meal

Still taking it easy, In the Wegman’s flyer they had an Easy Steamed Clams.

Bag of Littleneck Clams, 50 ct.
1 ½ C water
1 container of Wegman’s, Garlic Cheese Finishing Butter, divided
Quite frankly you could make your own garlic butter by adding garlic to butter. This is just a lazy summer meal and I am sure more than Wegman’s has these flavored butters.

1. Rinse the clams in cold water and discard any that are broken or open. If you put them in cold water with ice, any that may have opened in the ref., if they are alive, will close.
2. Bring water and half of the garlic butter to a boil.
3. Add clams carefully to the pan. I used a Chinese spider to get the clams out of the cold water into the large brazing pan. Cook on medium high for 8 minutes, covered. Discard any clams that do not open.
4. Add the remaining garlic butter. Toss and serve.

I served with a parmesan cheese French baguette to soak up the garlic butter or have with the cheese and tomatoes. I served mozzarella and tomatoes with pesto and additional tomatoes. I served the cheese as Jim is big on getting a lot of protein now. Today at lunch I learned that he did not realize that tofu is pure protein. Maybe I will not meet as much resistance from now on.
We had a Spanish dry white wine from the Vina Reboreda estate in the Ribeiro appellation of Spain. It was very good. We got this from the Oprah House, I hope they have more.

No comments:

Post a Comment