Friday, March 2, 2012

Roasted Salmon with White-Wine Sauce


Well, I thought tonight’s dinner was going to be fantastic, but I found it just ok, Jim was happy.  I cut it out of the TN paper, but it says in the fine print that it is a Martha recipe.  We traveled all the way to Trader Jo’s next to the Green Hills Mall in Nashville to get purple potatoes as I thought it would be better looking with purple potatoes.  I served very nice asparagus with it.  I microwaved the asparagus with a little lemon EVOO on it.  I boiled the potatoes with skin on and then cut into quarters to serve.  Serves 4.  I cut the salmon in half for Jim and I, but made the whole sauce.    
Ingredients:
1 large skinless salmon fillet (1 ½#)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1T unsalted butter
2t all-purpose flour
1 C dry white wine
1 T chopped fresh chives (I stopped buying chives as the package rots in the fridge before I can get back to it.  I snip off the ends of scallions)
Directions:
1.      Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt.  (I used Penzeys Trinidad seasoning)
2.      Roast until opaque throughout, about 15 minutes.
3.      Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.  Add flour and cook, whisking, 1 minute.  Add wine and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced by half, 8-10 minutes.  Stir in chives; season with salt and pepper.
4.      With a fork, gently break salmon into large chunks, and serve topped with the white-wine sauce. 
5.      Serve with potatoes seasoned with thyme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment