Friday, March 30, 2012

Breakfast Ebelskivers


Finally a day with nothing scheduled so I could play with my new toy.  One of my days, filled with a black mood over this house, I got a free shipping notice from Williams Sonoma.  I ordered their filled pancake pan, all the fixings, cookbook and special turning tools.  These pancakes originated in Denmark and are called Ebelskiver (able-skeevers).  Fun to say while making them, use an accent and it is even sillier.  While watching TV last night I was reading my latest Sunset Magazine and there was an article called, “Good Morning, Vegetables.  So I combined the Ebelskiver pancake mix with grated carrots, toasted walnuts and a teaspoon of cinnamon.  I filled the Elelskivers with 1t of goat cheese.  They were delicious.  Apparently they originated as a dessert and I bought the chocolate pancake mix also.  So I look forward to making many more Ebelskivers and laughing myself silly while saying their name.  Don’t wait for a black mood if you have had your eye on this item.        

No comments:

Post a Comment