Friday, March 30, 2012

Original Bran Muffins


We bought an off brand of All-Bran and I did not like it.  So I decided to make some bran muffins.  I found this recipe on line written by the Kellogg's.  They were easy to make.  I plan to have one for breakfast.  If they are not good, I will let you know. 
Ingredients:
1 1/3 C all-purpose flour
½ C sugar
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
1 ½ C all-bran cereal
1 C milk
1 egg
1/3 C shortening (I used butter)
½ C raisins (Not in the recipe, I added)
Directions:
1.      Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Set aside
2.      In a mixing bowl, combine the cereal and milk.  Let stand until the cereal softens.
3.      In a large bowl, mix the butter until soft and light.  Add the egg and combine.  Then mix in the cereal.  Beat well. 
4.      Add the flour mixture, stirring only until combined.  Add the raisins and combine.
5.      Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. 
Yield:  12 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment