Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pot Stickers with Cabbage & Snow Peas


Monday I made a meal, but I did not put it on the blog as I ruined it by making a substitution to save calories recommended by Dr. OZ.  I swore off his recipes and now I am swearing off his cooking suggestions.  It didn’t taste bad, but it looked horrible and I believe it would have tasted better, full fat.  He is a great dr. and full of life saving tips, but he is not a cook.  Tuesday I was scheduled for a MRI at Vanderbilt.  The facility was near a restaurant I have wanted to go to called The Yellow Porch.  It was every bit as good as I was told.  In fact I would rate it as divine.  The only thing I would not order again is dessert.  They definitely need a pastry chef, or if they have one, they need a new one.  Tonight’s recipe comes from Wegman’s Magazine.  Yes, they still send me their magazine even though they refuse to open a store here.  Maybe they are trying to tell me to move out of here.  I really doubt that we will be staying here, so maybe I should look for Wegman’s locations for my next move.
Ingredients:
1 C water, divided
1 ½ T vegetable oil, divided
16oz. pork and vegetable pot stickers, frozen
4 C (12 oz) snow peas
¼ head Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 C)
¾ C stir-fry sauce (International aisle)
1-2 T Sriracha sauce for a spicy kick (optional, stir in the stir fry sauce)
Directions:
1.      In a large nonstick skillet add ½ C water, 1 T vegetable oil, and pot stickers.  Cover; bring to a boil on med-high.  Reduce heat to medium and cook 5-8 minutes, covered.  Uncover and continue to cook until pot stickers are golden brown on the bottom. 
2.      Arrange pot stickers around the outside rim of a large serving plate.
3.      Drizzle remaining ½ T oil around sides of pan; tilt pan to distribute evenly. 
4.      Heat oil in pan on high until oil faintly smokes.  Add snow peas and cabbage to pan.  Stir and toss, keeping thing moving, 2 minutes.
5.      Add remaining ½ C water and the stir-fry sauce; cook, stirring 3-5 minutes, until veggies are crisp-tender. 
6.      Mound vegetables in the center of the serving plate. 
This was good, but salty tasting to me.  I drained the sauce from the vegetables and served it on the side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment