Sunday, March 11, 2012

Perfect Scrambled Eggs


I consider myself the best scrambled egg maker, but the new Fine Cooking has a two page spread on how to make scrambled eggs.  I read it and indeed you can teach an old dog new trick.  First I have always added about a T of water before whisking my eggs.  NO.  Then as I felt they were cooked I added cream and combined in for creamy eggs.  NO again.  Following these tips I made my best scrambled eggs this morning.
1.      Scramble slowly over low heat. 
2.      Stir, stir, and stir.  Constantly stirring while gently shaking the pan breaks down these curds so they’re smaller, softer, and creamier. 
3.      Move cooked eggs from the outside of the pan towards the center.  This evenly scrambles the eggs as the outside is often hotter than the inside. 
4.      Cook until barely set.  The eggs will continue to cook with residual heat even after they’re removed from the stove.  Pull off the heat while they still look wet, but not runny. 
5.      He starts with 1T butter for 3 eggs.  I used Pam in the skillet.
I made biscuits and gravy along with Canadian bacon to go with the eggs. I put the bacon between the cut biscuit and added a little gravy.  Eggs served on the side.  Jim was thrilled with this and said it was a good company breakfast.  Of course the company would have to eat fast as Jim ate all the gravy and 8 biscuits.   

No comments:

Post a Comment