Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Shrimp-Stuffed Twice-Baked Potatoes

The paper advised us to eat less protein during this extremely hot weather. So tonight I made a stuffed potato from The Dean Brothers Cookbook. They are the sons of Paula and their cookbooks are very good. I enjoy them more than Paula’s. This recipe serves 4. I made 3 instead of 4 potatoes and cut the recipe accordingly. Jim ate 2. I changed some things and I will note those along the way.
Ingredients:
4 large russet potatoes
1 T butter
1 T EVOO
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 oz uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped. (I think it could have used 12 oz.)
¾ C sour cream (I used non-fat Greek yoghurt)
3 green onions, finely chopped
Salt and ground pepper to taste
4 oz Parmesan cheese, about 1 C
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub the potatoes; prick each one several times with a fork. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Add the garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until opaque. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. When the potatoes are done and cool enough to handle, cut the top third off each one. Scoop the flesh out of potatoes and place in a bowl; add sour cream and mash. Stir in the shrimp, green onions salt and pepper. Divide the potato mixture evenly among the 4 potato shells; top with Parmesan. Reshape the potatoes and make sure the stuffing is secure in the shell. (I cooked the onions in with the shrimp and garlic as raw onions sometimes makes me burp. I also added ¾ of the Parmesan cheese into the potato as I could not see ¼ C of cheese sticking to the top.)
4. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment