Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pasta Salad with Fresh Vegetables

Tonight was better. I am still using the Tossed Cookbook. I turned a pasta side dish into a main course. Jim served a Silver Horse Albarino, 2008 from Edna Valley, CA. It was very good.
Ingredients:
4 C tricolor spiral pasta (I used tricolor cheese filled tortellini)
2 ½ T EVOO, I used basil EVOO
2 C broccoli florets
4 small yellow button squash, I used small yellow squash, sliced
1 thin carrot, sliced diagonally
1 ½ C cherry tomatoes, halved
1 ½ T lemon juice
1 ½ T chopped parsley
Directions:
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl and gently mix with ½ T EVOO.
2. Put broccoli and squash in a large pan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes and drain. Plunge into ice water and drain well. Then add to the pasta with the carrot and cherry tomatoes.
3. Pour lemon juice and remaining oil into a small screw-top jar and shake well. Pour over the salad, add the parsley and mix well. Serve at room temperature
Serves 4
I may have had more broccoli and squash, but we have plenty and I have lunch while Jim plays in the senior golf tournament this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment