Monday, July 11, 2011

Potatoe Salad I made up & Salmon grilled on an Alder Plank

Tonight was much better. We had salmon cooked on an Alder wood plank and I topped the salmon with Penzeys Northwood’s Seasoning. Jim started the plank for 5- 10 minutes and then cooked the salmon about 15 minutes on med-high heat. I soaked the plank most of the day. I had leftover sspargus from Sunday and I made up a crunchy potato salad using things I had left over from other meals.
Ingredients:
8-10 new potatoes boil for 20 minutes
½ # sugar snap peas, cooked for 2 minutes after stringing. I then cut them in half
8 radishes, cut in Julian pieces
1 can of black beans, drained and washed
4 celery pieces chopped fine
¼ C ranch dip
1T Penzeys Creamy Peppercorn Dressing Base.
Directions:
1. Combine all the above in a large bowl
2. Cool and then place in the refrigerator
I like mixed salads, instead of the traditional potato salad. Just look in your refrigerator and see what veggies you want to use up. We have leftovers and do to the beans; it can be a full meal. I will serve it for lunch tomorrow. Let me know if you make up any salads of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment