Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jim picks dinner

Yesterday we had our friend Matt and his family over. Matt has left the military after a long time and many promotions. He and Andrea have two adorable children. The oldest is very inquisitive. And the baby is a really good baby. I am glad to see them both out of the military and hope that Matt can find something non-military oriented.
We had a meal totally picked by Jim. The one thing I like about Jim meals is that they are easy. For appetizers we had cheese and crackers. Everyone loves the apricot cheddar that I buy. You can find it at both Costco and Trader Jo’s. We also had brie and blueberry goat cheese.
For dinner, fillets wrapped in bacon that I buy from Aldie’s thanks to Bryce and Jane. I have recently found the same thing at Costco. With this I served twice baked potatoes from the frozen food department of Kroger and asparagus. Abby was not thrilled with the meal, but Max will appreciate the leftovers tonight. For dessert I made Elaine’s Chocolate Cherry cake (recipe in May blog) and served with ice cream. We spent most of the time talking and had a very good time. Yes, we ate inside, it was another scorcher here.

No comments:

Post a Comment