Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Steamed Pork Buns and Soup

Learning to knit and today was knitting day.  For me it is very intense.  I am making a scarf.  I knitted the first 9 rows today.  I came home and took carrot soup that I had blogged about earlier out of the freezer.  We had this with my favorite Chinese dish, steamed pork buns.  Almost no restaurants have them.   They take hours to make do to the filling.  These pre made by Tastywok purchased at Costco were quite acceptable.  But please steam them.  In the store they were microwaving them.   Microwaves make bread tough.  These, steamed were pillow soft and the filling was good, but not as good as homemade.  When you are knitting all day, having worked out in the AM they were really good.  I hope Costco keeps carrying them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment