Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Roasted Tilapia with Orange-Parsley Salsa

This was a very good meal. It serves 4 and is 451 calories per serving. This is from the new Cooking Light cookbook called Mix and Match.
Ingredients:
3 oranges, about 1 pound
¼ C chopped fresh parsley, divided
2T EVOO, divided (I used orange EVOO)
4 6 oz tilapia fillets
½ t pepper, divided
2 C hot cooked rice (1 C rose’s rice equals 2 C cooked)
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. I used my Advantium oven so I could skip this step.
2. Grate 2 teaspoons of orange rind. I just grated one orange instead of measuring.
3. Peel and section oranges over a bowl, reserving 2T juice. Chop sections.
4. Combine rind , chopped orange, 2T parsley, 5 t oil, and ¼ t salt and pepper. Toss well.
5. Sprinkle fish evenly with ¼ t salt and pepper. Place fish in an ovenproof skillet coated with remaining 1 t. oil. Bake for 14 minutes. With the Advantium oven you go to seafood, then tilapia and then 4 and hit on. The fish is done perfectly. Top each filet with ¼ C of the orange salsa.
6. Combine 2 T of the juice with the remaining 2T parsley, remaining ¼ t salt and pepper and rice. Actually I do not use instant rice. I use Japanese rice called Roses. I soak for about an hour or more, does not matter. I put the above ingredients in the water with the rice and cooked together. I turn the burner on high and when it comes to a boil, cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Perfect rice every time. I also had more rind and added it to the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment