Thursday, June 2, 2011

Southwestern Chicken Salad

I have made this salad before, but it was before my blog. I wrote a friend and suggested that the Seminole Crunch Salad from last week would be perfect for her daughter’s wedding shower. She wrote me back that Erin loves the following salad that I made for them as they traveled to Erin’s college graduation. Last night the boys were coming over after golf and their wives. I decided to make this as it can be done the night before and I was going to have a busy day. It is very good and easy, but I prefer the salad with fruit and nuts.
Ingredients:
One 15.5 oz can of corn drained
One 1#, 13oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
4 scallions, end and tough green tops, trimmed, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
1#(prior to cooking) cooked chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
Juice of 2 limes
¼ C EVOO
1 t cumin
Salt
Ground black pepper
Black (blue) tortilla chips
1 avocado, peeled and diced
Directions:
1. Mix all but the last two ingredients in a bowl. Can be made the night before.
2. Prior to serving top with avocado and serve chips on the side.
3. I served it last night on newly harvested lettuce.
Before dinner we had cheeses and fruit, after dinner I served cream puffs filled with ice cream and the chocolate syrup my brother got me for Christmas. Yum, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment