Friday, June 24, 2011

Potatoes straight out of the garden

Today was a whole different day.  The shot worked.  So today Jim got a more planned out dinner.  I always forget that when you buy pork tenderloin at Costco that it is not just 2 packages, but two in a package.  So we will again be having pork tenderloin again this week.  Tonight as I was out to lunch and shopping with Jim’s cousin (yes, he is beginning to regret moving here as she knows all the great places), I had to think on my feet.  So I used Wegmans dry rub Barbecue Seasoning and at the end I had Jim baste on the Wegmans Memphis barbeque sauce.  Also do not listen to the cookbooks or the thermometers; pork is best at 140 degrees and cover with foil for 10 minutes.   We also stopped at the local everyday farmers market in Lebanon on the way home.  I read in Fine Cooking; if you can find fresh potatoes in a farmers market, buy them.   I bought some at the market and just boiled them.  We put salt and pepper on them and we’re fighting over the potatoes with whole pork tenderloin sitting in front of Jim.  They were the best potatoes I have ever tasted.  I also bought fresh cucumbers and tiny zucchini.  I just cut them up and drizzled a little of the Penzeys dressing over them.  Jim served a delicious Pinot Noir called Roots that we got from our wine club at the Opera House Gourmet in VA.  I remembered it from the first bottle and commented that when I like a wine and comment on it, he never gets more.  He said it wasn’t true, but I bet he will not buy more.   Tomorrow is Jo and Dave’s 40th wedding anniversary.  I am bringing 3 appetizers that I have made before, but before the blog.  They are delicious so stay tuned.     

No comments:

Post a Comment