Friday, June 10, 2011

Roasted Tomato and Anchovy Oreganta Pasta

I am not even going to write this one up.  It was ok, but who spends 8 hours cooking a pasta dish that just tastes OK.  Gwyneth Paltrow is featured in the latest Bon Appétit.  It is all about selling her new cookbook.   I chose to make her Roasted Tomato and Anchovy Oreganata Pasta.  First of all with 9 T of EVOO and anchovy fillets packed in oil, this is not a low fat dish.  The come on for the dish is roasting cherry tomatoes for 8 hours in a 200 degree oven.  They are to be super sweet and delicious.  I did not find that mine were any better than the ones I did not spend 8 hours on.  If you are interested in spending the entire day making an OK pasta dish, go to bonappetit.com and find the recipe.  Quite frankly, I can think of better dishes that take the same amount of time and I can’t believe that GP eats this fattening of food on a regular basis.  It says feeds 4.  Jim ate two gigantic helpings and we still have enough left over for another large meal.  I’m not saying it is bad, just you can more wisely spend your time and energy.  Not buying this cookbook.   

No comments:

Post a Comment