Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cold Soba Salad with Crisp Vegetables

This dish is from the September issue of Sunset Magazine.  Jim did not die of vegetable poising, but I had to get some hot dogs out so he could survive. Actually this meal, if you have to have meat, would be really good with grilled salmon.
8oz. dried soba noodles
¼ C reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 T Mirin
1 T unseasoned rice vinegar
½ t toasted sesame oil
1 t sugar
1 English cucumber, halved and sliced
1 medium carrot, cut into 2” matchsticks (mine were small so I used 2)
1 chunk daikon (about 6 oz) Cut into 2” matchsticks
1 each red and yellow bell pepper, halved and sliced thinly
4 green onions, sliced diagonally
1. Cook soba as package directions, 3 minutes, drained, cooled, and pat dry with towels. (I just drained.)However I had # 2 ready and the veggies chopped)
2. Mix soy sauce, Mirin, vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar in a small bowl.
3. Combine noodles and vegetables in a large serving bowl. Pour half the dressing over noodles, tossing well to coat. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
I poured all the dressing on the noodles and then put in the veggies. Next I mixed and mixed to combine.
This is really good. I enjoyed and was filled on the noodle/veggie dish. Jim was grateful for the hot dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment