Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day and the Day After

Yesterday was Labor Day. I labored, by doing the wash while Jim played golf with Mike and Linda. I have been in a lot of pain and did not want to add to it. Jim came home and we went to their house for dinner. I brought a great goat cheese and fresh salsa from Giant. Gieant makes it completely fresh and no sugar added. It was excellent. My chiropractor turned me on to it.  She was looking for something easy that they could eat in quanity without gaining weight.  All loved the cheese, but unfortunately, I threw the wrapper in the trash before I remembered the name. Have to go look at Wegmans again to see what I bought. I do know it was a goat cheese with ash. For dinner we had steaks on the grille and also grilled veggies. Mike did very good pan fried potatoes. We had dessert wine that we bought on our trip to Richmond a week ago with a delicious chocolate cake; really great Labor Day.
Today started earlier than I like to arise, but finally was able to get a rheumatologist appointment. When Jim and I went to NYC for our anniversary and I was not able to shop, that did it. I think he enjoyed that I could not shop, but I did not. Today’s visit seems hopeful.
As I had to get up earlier than I ever arise, we again ate out of the freezer. I speed cooked salmon with Penzeys Trinidad seasoning. We had left over soba noodle and veggies. I also made a salad with lettuce, peas sprouts, tomatoes and cucumber. Not too Gourmet, but good and Jim was happy. Off to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment