Saturday, February 6, 2010

Vanentine's Day

I have been asked by a follower to suggest a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. Our dinner this year will involve 6 couples. February 14th is also the Chinese New Year. But I am going to give you two different menus that I made previously and really liked. I checked and the recipes are still available on FoodTV.com.


The first is by Michael Chiarello

Mixed Green Salad with Whole Citrus Vinaigrette

Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter and Bittersweet Chocolate

Seared Pork Tenderloin with Cocoa Spice Rub

Tiramisu Bon Bons

Another meal that I made for Valentine’s Day is by Sandra Lee. Sandra always has a drink with her meals.

White Knight-tini

Tall, Dark and Handsome

Beef Stew with Chocolate

White Chocolate Polenta

Spinach Salad with Mangos, Dried Cranberries and Chocolate Vinaigrette

Creamy Chocolate Pudding Parfait

I hope this helps. Bon Appetite!

3 comments:

  1. This is supposed to be Valentine's Day. I need to slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentine's menu selections sound excellent. Can part be prepared beforehand or is it prepared shortly before serving?

    My plan for valentines's day (as a surprise) will be Shrimp cocktail and probably champagne to start, roack of lamb with potatoes and a probably green beans. A chocolate dessert will follow. Anticipate a nice red wine with the lamp - haven't chosen it yet.

    This fits in my skill level - Have a good receipe from the "Wine Spectator" called "Emergency Luxury" that is within my skill level.

    Fire, candlelight, romantic movie, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these can be done ahead of time. I have done them and just enjoyed the evening.

    ReplyDelete