Sunday, September 16, 2012

Maryland Crab Cakes


Well, here I am again writing about Crab cakes.  I am sure I have given you this tried and true recipe before, but do to the organization of my blog, I cannot refer you to when, very frustrating.  We have a ton of leftovers, but because cooked beef will keep longer than the left over crab, I decided to make crab cakes for dinner.  This is from a permanent hard copy I keep in my personal recipe file and I know I have made it before.  Hang in there, I have appealed to a genius and may get the problem solved. 
Ingredients:
1# crabmeat
1 egg
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1 t lemon juice
1 t seafood seasoning, I used Old Bay
1 t dried parsley flakes
¼ t dry mustard
1 T mayonnaise
1 t prepared mustard
¼ C crackers (Saltines)
2 T EVOO
Directions:
1.      Place crabmeat into a mixing bowl.
2.      In a separate small bowl, beat all remaining ingredients except the EVOO.
3.      Fold the mixture into the crab being careful not to break up the crabmeat. 
4.      Shape into 4 slightly flattened patties and chill for 1 hour. 
5.      You can either sauté the cakes in EVOO, I did not use 2 T, but sautéed them and Jim thought there were divine.
Just served with simple greens and cut up tomatoes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment