Thursday, January 27, 2011

Spicy Sweet Potato Burritos

I got this recipe out of Penzeys catalogue. Jim pronounced it very good, very surprising as there was no meat. Serving amounts are so off the wall. This said serves 3 and instead of 6 tortillas, I divided into the 4.  We halved the 4 and had 1 ½ left, and there were only 2 of us. I served this with a salad topped with mustard vinaigrette.
Ingredients:
2 sweet potatoes, 1 ½ #
¾ t ground cumin
½ t ground coriander
½ t granulated garlic powder
¼ t black pepper
2T fresh lime juice
1 15 oz can black beans
1 C corn kernels
¼ t salt
6 whole wheat tortillas (I had 4 10” that I divided the mixture between and cut them in half after cooking,)
Optional fillings:
½ C chopped olives (did not use)
1 C chopped tomato
¼ C chopped fresh cilantro
1 C shredded sharp cheddar
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork, place on a baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes, depending on the size of the potato. When they are soft, pierced with a knife, remove from the oven and slice in half. Let cool. Reduce the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the spices, beans, corn, and lime juice. I used all the optional except the olives, Jim does not like olives. Mix in the sweet potatoes.
3. All combined in a bowl, I divided between the 4 -10” whole wheat tortillas and wrapped.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
5. I cut in half and served with salad.
This was a very good meal. Max ate all the sweet potato skins and enjoyed it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment